Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to extend their deal with the royal family to continue as non-working members in California, or the ‘Megxit deal’, The Sun reported on December 27 citing its sources. Following the couple’s deals with Netflix and Spotify, sources of the media outlet have reportedly said that their roles remain on the negotiating table in the family as they seek a more permanent agreement after they exited the royal family in January this year. However, their 12-month ‘royal exit deal’ with the Buckingham Palace is set to expire on March 31, 2021.

As per the report, the couple is expected to negotiate their plans with the senior royals in January 2021 before Prince Harry travels to England on the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions. The sources of the media outlet also said that the talks are said to be “less confrontational” than the ones that had taken place during the family’s Sandringham summit in January 2020. Moreover, both Harry and Meghan are reportedly prioritising to keep tier royal patronages.

It was previously widely also reported that Prince Harry was ‘devasted’ to give up his military titles as the part of the couple’s initial royal exit deal. The roles that he used to hold, have been kept vacant since then. A top aide had reportedly said of the situation that, “Harry regrets losing those titles and keeping them open for as long as possible keeps that olive branch out…Don’t be surprised if they are not filled even after March 31.”