Refused to serve chicken, two drunk men set hotel on fire in Maharashtra

By PTI
NAGPUR: A fire broke out at a coal handling plant of the Chandrapur thermal power station in Maharashtra, but there was no report of any casualty, an official said on Monday.

The incident took place around 11 pm on Sunday when a conveyor belt at the coal handling plant caught fire, probably due to a short-circuit, an official of the Maharashtra State Power Generation Company (MAHAGENCO) told PTI.

The fire spread in the premises due to the strong wind, but it was brought under control in an hour, he said.

The thermal power station was functioning, he added.